As a result of changes to both the CSCS test booking and card application process, which now require additional security checks for group applications and all personal data to be entered individually, all examiners need to book their own tests and apply for their own cards. Making an individual test booking is a quick and easy process.
Card applications are straightforward, requiring just an email to CITB with proof of relevant qualification and a phone call – no application form necessary.
Everyone aiming for CSCS card should sit the Health Safety & Environment Test for Managers and Professionals.
Ensure you are sufficiently prepared before taking your test. There are lots of mock test available in the internet.
Alternatively, download the Revision App here: CSCS Test Prep Materials
When booking your test, you will need to have:
- National Insurance Number
- Date of Birth
- Home address
Test bookings cost £21 and are non-refundable if cancelled within 72 hours of the test date.
You must take photo ID with you to the test centre, just in case it’s needed.
- Go to CITB test booking site sign-in page
- Create a User Account and complete all personal details, including home address.
- At View Exams page choose HS&E Test for Managers and Professionals
- At Schedule Exam page select test centre location, date and time (the system will default to the test centre closest to your home address)
- Proceed to the payment page. Payment must be made by card.
Upon submission of your booking you will receive:
- Confirmation of payment.
- Confirmation of your test date and time. Enter this in your calendar.
Start your review.
Upon successful test completion, keep the certificate you are given. This will serve as evidence of your competency until your card arrives
Apply for your CSCS Card.
There are two available cards for you to choose from.
Professionally Qualified Person if chartered with a recognised institution. You will be required to provide a copy of current membership card showing membership level, or receipt of membership payment, or letter from institution clearly stating your membership level required as proof of membership.
Academically Qualified Person if you are Degree or HNC holder in the construction-related subject. You must check if your qualification is acceptable here. Proof of this qualification is required.
Non-UK qualification must be accompanied by a Statement of Compatibility from the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC). Please visit NARIC website or send an email to email@example.com for details.
Please note that the Visitor card is being phased out by CITB and will only be valid until August 2020. Staff who do not qualify for either card should visit the CSCS website to find an appropriate alternative.
Cards cost £36.
There are 2 options on how you can apply for a CSCS Card once successfully passed the test.
Option 1: Phone Application
- Email proof of qualification/membership documents, as outlined above, to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject heading. Upon receipt of email acknowledgement from CSCS you may proceed with the application.
- Call 0344 994 4777 and order your CSCS card using a credit or debit card (within 5 days of emailing the qualification proof. Your email will only be held for 5 days).
- Your card will be posted to you on the next working day.
Option 2: Postal Application with Authorisation Code
- Go to CSCS website and download the appropriate application form.
- Complete form and insert Authorisation Code in the box on page 1 of form
- Send form with required qualification/membership documents (see above) to address on the form. Your card will arrive at your home address within 2 weeks.